Are you a tech-savvy university student who loves animals and has a particular affinity with reptiles? Perhaps you had a pet tortoise as a child? We might have the perfect internship for you, taking on the ‘feeding and care’ of ANNA Money’s AI Tax Terrapin for a month.
Yes, you heard that right, the lucky intern who gets the gig will be paid £1,500 to tend to a virtual creature.
That might sound silly or surreal, but it’s actually a great opportunity to work in the finance sector, and get an understanding of how AI is shaping customer experiences.
For those of you who don’t know us, ANNA Money is a pioneering, award-winning fintech brand with an AI-powered business account and tax app that has supported more than 100,000 SMEs. Our AI chatbot, Tax Terrapin, has swallowed HMRC’s tax advice and is so smart that it has actually passed seven professional accountancy and tax exams.
The intern will work closely with our AI team – comprising world-leading engineers and coders – to take on the role of Acting Chief Tax Terrapin Attendant. This will involve giving the virtual reptile new numbers to nibble on and tax facts to feast on, growing its extensive knowledge base, keeping its thinking up to date and finding creative ways to improve how the Terrapin learns and how it helps users.
‘We know that this is the key time of year for university students looking to find inspiring placements that will bolster their CVs and we thought we had something great to offer,’ says ANNA’s Lead Data Scientist Nick Turusin. ‘It’s not a made-up job – it’s actually a really important role at a critical time in Terrapin’s development and a way to make a meaningful difference in making finance and tax information accessible and – crucially – understandable, for all.’
Here’s the full job description and how to apply…
Job Title: Acting Chief Tax Terrapin Attendant – 4-week Internship at ANNA Money
Join us at ANNA for a unique internship opportunity. We’re looking for someone to take on the fun and impactful role of Acting Chief Tax Terrapin Attendant. If you’re interested in tech and finance, this is your chance to get involved in something special.
Who We Are:
Award-winning business account and tax app ANNA Money is where finance meets innovation. Our AI chatbot, Tax Terrapin, is changing the game by making tax information easy, jargon-free and accessible for people. Now, we need your help to keep Tax Terrapin growing and learning.
- Acting Chief Tax Terrapin Attendant – it’s all about keeping our chatbot smart and up-to-date.
- Work with our team to give Tax Terrapin the best information and help it answer tax questions even better.
- Get creative in finding new ways to improve how Tax Terrapin learns and helps users.
- Make a real difference in how people understand and use financial information.
Who You Are:
- Keen on tech, curious about finance, and ready for a new challenge.
- A creative thinker who likes to try new things.
- A team player who enjoys working with others and sharing ideas.
- Looking for a cool way to learn and make an impact.
What You Get:
- A chance to work with awesome AI technology in a fun, supportive and world-leading team.
- The opportunity to be creative and make a real difference.
- A cool experience to add to your resume.
How to apply
Just email your CV to email@example.com before 1 March 2024 with a covering note telling us you’d be the very best person to tend to our Terrapin.
Terms & Conditions
- To apply, you must be over 18 years of age at the time of application and be a current UK university student (we will ask for proof of this).
- You should only apply if you’re happy to work in our London office in King’s Cross 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You can work remotely the rest of the week) for a month in either March, April or May 2024 – we can mutually agree on the month once a candidate has been chosen. ANNA can’t cover travel expenses or hotel stays.