It’s estimated that between 5%–10% of eCommerce businesses use a personal account rather than a business account when they sell on platforms like Amazon. So you may be wondering – do I actually need a business account to trade on Amazon?
- In this article
- Advantages of a business account
Advantages of a business account
In Amazon’s sign-up process they don’t draw a distinction between business and personal accounts but they will validate the account to make sure it meets their basic checks for fraud.
You CAN use a personal account, but there are several reasons why it’d be helpful to use a business account instead:
- A separate account makes things much simpler for HMRC and can be used to ringfence personal activity from business transactions
- It’s great for simplifying everyday business admin
- Over time you can build your business credit rating. There are lenders specialising in eCommerce lending products
- It looks professional when making business transactions
If you run a limited company then a business account (such as ANNA’s!) is a legal prerequisite for doing business.