The legal stuff
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Platform.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, track views of content and to see how users move around the Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Platform or when you have logged into the Platform already. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Tracking cookies. These enable us to track use of content from the Platform (on third party services, such as posts on social media networks), in accordance with your third party settings.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Platform more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
If you are unclear about the types of functions of cookies we use, please contact us for more information.