Register a company in the UK
The simple, free way to register a company
Starting a business? You can register a Limited Company for free and open a business account with ANNA at the same time. It’s quick, easy and free!
in accordance with:
Billed once, VAT not included
- Ready to trade limited company
- Digital company register with first entries
- Free chat support for the life of your company
- Free business current account
- Cash-in, international payments and other features
- Filing of the first confirmation statement
Or £144 a year if billed annually, VAT not included
- GDPR compliance package and virtual office
- GDPR Compliance Package: all the guidance and templates your company needs to quickly become fully GDPR compliant
- London-based registered and serviced address (virtual office) – free for 12 months
Or £369 a year if billed annually, VAT not included
- GDPR compliance package, virtual office with HMRC mail maintenance, and all essential taxes for small businesses
- Auto calculate, file and pay VAT, Corporation Tax and PAYE with ease
- We take care of reserving funds for your tax payments using automatic pots transfers
- Automated expense sorting helps you claim more expenses and lower your tax bills
- Get a personalised tax calendar so you won't miss deadlines. We file taxes for you, making life easier
- Create and send professional-looking invoices and collect payments with Stripe or payment links / QR codes
- Snap a receipt and let our auto bookkeeping tool do the rest 📸
- We can help with VAT, Payroll, Pension and Corporation Tax registration
- Chat with our tax experts any time, 24/7, even on Christmas day
- London based registered and service address (virtual office) + managing all your HMRC mail automatically
Register a company in 4 quick simple steps
Do I need a business bank account?
Limited companies need business accounts
If you operate as a Limited Company, you’re legally obliged to have a separate business account for your business finances
Why register a company?
When you start a new business there are a few options you can take. The most common are operating as a sole trader or a Limited Company.
To operate as a Limited Company, you need to register with Companies House. That usually costs £12, but we’ll do it for you for free.
We can register your company in 5 minutes and you should receive your certificate of incorporation within hours.
Registering a company in the UK – how does it work?
What company types are there and which one should I choose?
- Private Limited Company (Ltd) by shares: A company owned by private shareholders with limited liability, meaning their personal assets are protected if the company faces financial difficulties.
- Company Limited by Guarantee: Typically used by non-profit organisations, members' liability is limited to a predetermined amount they agree to contribute in the event of the company being wound up.
- Public Limited Company (PLC): A company whose shares are publicly traded on the stock exchange, allowing the general public to become shareholders.
- Community Interest Company (CIC): A company established to benefit the community or pursue social and environmental objectives, with profits reinvested for public good rather than distributed to shareholders.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): A hybrid between a partnership and a limited company, offering limited liability protection to its partners.
Can I register a company with multiple directors?
How many directors does a limited company need?
What documents do I need to register my company?
Note: if your company has more than one director or shareholder, you can add these details later with Companies House.
How to choose the right company name?
- suggest a particular status, or a specific function – like 'British', 'Institute' or 'Tribunal'
- imply a connection with the UK government, a devolved administration or a local or specified public authority
- include a word that represents a regulated activity
- include a word that could be offensive
I’ve completed the registration process, now what?
What is a virtual office?
What if someone sends mail to my virtual office address?
- Companies House
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Government Gateway
- Inland Revenue
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Court documents (including Tribunals Services)
- Department of Work & Pensions (DWP)
- Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
- Office for National Statistics
How To Register A Company In The UK
Duties of a company director
Top 6 things to know as a company director one
Our YouTube Shorts on how to register a company in the UK
ANNA business account
If you’ve registered your business with ANNA Company Registration, the fastest and easiest option is to open an ANNA business account. All you need to do is verify your ID and provide proof of address and your business account will be ready to go!
An ANNA business account is perfect for newly formed companies. You get a debit Mastercard, your own unique payment collection link and the ability to pay cash into your account, as well as local and international payments, an in-app invoice generator and receipt scanner, multiple expense cards for employees and 1% cashback on select categories.
ANNA can make business taxes a breeze. ANNA +Taxes ensure that you never miss a deadline, and we specialise in helping you minimize your tax burden so you don’t pay more than you have to.
ANNA +Taxes calculates your income, expenses, Corporation Tax and VAT, reminds you of your deadlines and can even file your taxes for you. And if you’ve got a question, you can ask our tax experts.
+Taxes is perfect for newly-formed companies as it allows you to start on the right foot. You can focus on growing your business and leave the paperwork and tax admin to us.